At first glance, these don't look so bad. They look like "propaganda" or "window dressing." But on further review, they are a tyrannical government attempting to disarm its citizenry.
Let's take a look at just a few:
Oh, good. So now my private health information is an "unnecessary legal barrier" to the Government deciding if my 2nd Amendment Rights should be honored.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.You know, someone more cynical than me might point out that the AG would now have the power, at least arguably, to put any member of one of the groups designated by the Secretary of Homeland Security as being a "dangerous person." So, congratulations, military vets, religious conservatives, and members of gun clubs. You may no longer be able to purchase firearms.
Law enforcement already runs a background check on individuals before returning seized guns. So the only purpose for this, that I can see, is that a "full background check" takes longer, which means yet more delay in retrieving your wrongfully seized gun.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.Guns reported lost are stole are already logged that way. When someone runs a gun's serial number, it will come back as "lost" if it was reported lost, or "stolen" if it was reported stolen. I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish if it's not more than that. If it is more than that, expect DOJ officials to come "verify your report" of a lost or stolen gun.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to reaserch the causes and prevention of gun violence.Do you know how easy it is for the DSM-V to be modified based on politics? Congratulations, owners of multiple guns. You can now be diagnosed as mentally-ill.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.Now he's just re-writing the law by fiat. Not that that's new for him.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.Remember that point about the DSM-V I made earlier. Yeah.
Now, this is not to say that all of this will happen. It's possible that this was just done to make the SCOAMT feel good about himself. But it is what could happen. And that should be enough. The President has just declared that he, through his Secretaries, has the ability to take your right to own a gun away from you by fiat.
This is tyranny in a velvet glove. The fact that we even have to consider that he might do it is completely unacceptable.
All the while he hid behind children- children the policies he believes in so epically failed to protect- while declaring that pointing out that his own daughters have armed security 24/7 is somehow "Repugnant and Cowardly."
No. From my cold, dead hands.