Monday, November 12, 2012

Global Warming? That's what you're going with?

I don't have a link for this, but I figure it's worth mentioning.  My local talker subscribes to (I think) CBS as their national news feed.  This morning, came a story that "Venice was under water," by which they mean it's experiencing some fairly extreme flooding.  In all seriousness they blamed Global Warming.

I guess they missed Climate Gate a couple of years ago.
I guess they missed various groups claiming there has been no statistically significant warming over the last 16 years.
I guess they missed the fact that the polar caps are growing, not shrinking.
I guess they also missed the fact that Venice is built on top of the water.

Seriously, ask Mexico City about the advisability of building a city on top the water.  And I don't mean "on top" as in "an emphatic way to say right beside."  No, I mean "on top" as in "on top."  Venice has been slowly sinking for years.  It's hardly surprising that eventually they'd slip beneath the waves.

Hey, Warmists.  Get back to me when London is under water.  Or Houston.  Until then, I'll be over here laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment