Friday, October 12, 2012

RIP Sergeant Major Plumley

One of my favorite adult memories was taking my dad, a Vietnam veteran, to see We Were Soldiers- the movie of the book which followed then Lt. Colonel Moore and his Air Cavalry unit into the Ia Drang valley.  Besides how good the movie itself was, there was a deeper connection because of my dad.  I'll never forget going to see that movie.  Indeed, when I watch it now, half of my enjoyment is remembering getting to share that movie with my dad.

So while I don't share the connection to him that actual soldiers do, let me say I was most saddened to hear of the loss of Command Sergeant Major Basil Plumley yesterday.  What he did for his country is something I can barely comprehend, and I can't give him enough honor.  His wife had died shortly before, so I pray they are reunited in Glory.

Rest in peace, Sergeant Major.  God Bless you and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment